Unlike most of the buildings in Historic Village Herberton, this is a purpose built garage.
Solidly-built motor cars that survived rough Australian roads during the decades leading up to World War II stand proudly alongside fully restored vehicles of the 1920's. "Daisy", the 1923 T-Model Ford Roadster and an Australian-bodied Continental Flyer Phaeton (thought to be the only one still in existence) take pride of place beside a 1927 Morris Cowley Van, a 1927 Chrysler Tourer and a 1923 F Model Harley Davidson.
Dayʼs Garage also shelters a comprehensive display of original petrol company enamel signs. They are complemented by panels highlighting, in chronological order, the many petroleum companies that contributed to the development of Australian transport during the 1900s.